Even when the techniques are known to them, they will frequently still hesitate – just through the fear of being turned down.
Here are some tips on when and how to close a sale:
- The first step is to be aware of Buying Signals:These signals may be verbal or physical – any time the prospect indicates approval, or agreement with what you are saying.
- When you get a buying signal – ask a Closing Question:These are questions to which a positive answer commits them to buying from you. Note: a question – not just another statement.
- When you have asked a closing question – Wait for the Answer. Wait however long it takes – there is pressure in silence.
Your relationship will not suffer by asking them to buy – because they know you are there to sell and they expect you to ask.
You need to be tough – minded about closing. This does not mean being overbearing or hard-boiled or using high pressure tactics.
The basic rule is:
To Close a Sale – Ask a Closing Question
- Because questions call for answers
- And answers call for decisions
Close the Sale with Confidence in Your Product, Your Company and Yourself.
To help you equip yourself with the skills to become a value add sales person, why not attend our Selling… The Essentials for Success course.