Who Should Attend
Managers who, as part of their job roles, carry out formal appraisal interviews and are looking to develop their confidence in this area. Those new to team leadership and management will find this assists in building a strong foundation to their role, while the more experienced manager can gain much from refreshing their style and approach to the appraisal interview.
After attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the importance of managing performance, and the managers responsibilities in the process
- Prepare and plan for an appraisal review
- Set clear and objective performance goals
- Provide quality feedback which recognises performance and achievement
- Deal effectively with issues of under performance
- Manage difficult attitudinal/behavioural issues effectively
- Establish effective personal development plans.
Developing clarity about the job
What do you want to achieve
What is the supporting evidence?
Creating the right environment
Objective setting, SMART objectives, short and long term objectives
The importance of being specific and why it is hard to achieve
Removing assumption and developing clarity
Giving And Receiving Feedback
The critical part feedback plays
Low or high risk feedback – which do you prefer
The skills of quality feedback
The time is now
Question strategies that work
Look and listen to maintain rapport
Dealing With Underperformance
Identify and agree the issue
Establishing the reasons
Agreeing to take action
How are you difficult?
Developing strategies for managing difficult situations
Effective Personal Development Plans
Why develop people?
Finding an appropriate method
Is development the solution?
Personal Development Plan
Developing an individual action plan for implementation back in the workplace.
To discuss how this management training course could help you manage your appraisal interviews effectively or to talk through your requirements, including tailoring this course to suit your exact needs, please contact: