Take a minute to consider how many of the following pain points relate to your management population:
- Managers are promoted on their technical rather than managerial ability
- Some managers become irrelevant with people working around rather than through them
- Some are great people managers, some really deliver results, but few managers actually do both, consistently
- The management team offers very little creativity to the organisation
- Managers are great in the day to day but don’t seem capable of communicating and contributing to the overall vision.
Addressing these issues leads to greater success, helps you to retain and develop better people, ensures that poor performance is tackled promptly and does not become endemic, and increases overall motivation and contribution.
Your organisation needs a management population which will really support your business aspirations.